Like so many other small businesses across the country, our office has been negatively impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Due to the restrictions that this virus brings, our office will be taking every precaution we can to ensure our clients’ safety remains our top priority. Those precautions include following all the necessary steps and social distancing protocols put in the place from the MA Department of Health and CDC, which will include:
- Limiting family members to 2 or less per appointment, in order to limit overall office gatherings to less than 10
- Requiring face masks be worn for entry into the office
- Providing touch-free hand sanitizing stations around the office.
In addition, we’re happy to announce that we’ll be expanding our drop-off and remote tax services to now include a secure drop-off box installed outside our office entrance, as well as an ability to prepare returns entirely remote through e-mail.
- If you’d like to drop off your tax documents rather than sit for a traditional appointment, feel free to gather all of your documents in a sealed envelope and/or package and drop it off anytime during office hours. Please be sure to include your name and telephone number on the package as well, so that we may reach you once the return is completed!
- You may even scan and e-mail your documents over as well, where returns and all copies can be sent electronically and payments can be made through e-mail.
Lastly, with all these changes brought about from the COVID-19 pandemic along with many others within the tax and financial planning industry itself, our office will be adding a modest and slight price increase to our tax preparation fees for the upcoming season, our first in over 10 years. As a small family-owned business, price increases are never something we look forward to and are always difficult decisions. However, this price increase will vary based on the complexities of each particular return, so it is something we must do in order to continue to provide you with the quality and service you’ve come to expect. As always, the tax prep fee you pay provides you with not only a completed tax return, but also a full-year of support and resources should any tax issues/concerns ever arise.
All of us here at Paiva Financial appreciate your business and understanding, and look forward to working with you again this coming season. As always, don’t hesitate to please contact us anytime by phone, e-mail, or through www.PaivaFinancial.com if you have any questions or concerns.
- Carlos, Kevin, and Scott Paiva